In 1997, Michael Kacaba launched Kacaba Vineyards, saving prime Benchland from a developer’s bulldozer. Today, Michael and his team craft a full range of wines, including their highly awarded estate grown Syrah (Ontario’s oldest plantings). With a view across Lake Ontario to Toronto, guests are welcome to sample wines with multiple awards from Canadian & International competitions, including the Decanter World Wine Awards (UK).
Kacaba Vineyards is OPEN 7 days a week, enjoy guided wine tastings & wine by the glass
Kacaba is making every effort to accommodate all our wine loving customers.
- Guided Wine Tastings – Available daily, 11am-5pm.
- Wine by the Glass – Available daily, 11am-5pm
All guests at Kacaba Vineyards, regardless of vaccination status are welcome to shop in our retail store or enjoy wine by the glass outdoors daily.
Guest without proof of double vaccination starting September 22nd will be limited to our socially distanced outdoor tasting bars daily until Provincial restrictions are lifted.
Double vaccinated guests will have access to our indoor social distanced tasting bars Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Monday to Thursday tasting bars will be limited to outdoors.
Please note, the following protocols will be in place for ALL GUESTS:
- Tastings are guaranteed by Reservation. Walk-ins by chance. Click here to book online – https://www.exploretock.com/kacabavineyards
- Wine by the Glass is available on a first come, first served basis outdoors.
- All Tasting Bars limited to a maximum of 6 guests. Larger groups are asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reservations will be held for a maximum of 15 minutes. After this time, we will do our best to accommodate late arrivals based on our capacity and other bookings.
- Every group will require a member to fill out our Contact tracing form prior to enjoying their experience.
3550 King Street
Open Daily 10 am – 5 pm
Tastings are available 7 days a week, 11 am - 5 pm. Book online or call the winery to make an appointment.
Vadim Chelekov, Head Winemaker
Vadim’s passion towards farming, oenology and viticulture had started at a very young age. He was surrounded by orchards, berry farms and tractors most of his childhood, spending every summer in the country with his grandparents. His fascination with the flavours and aromas was born while he was picking through the wild raspberry bushes and climbing steep mountain slopes in search of wild strawberries. Vadim’s curiosity to learn the science behind growing grapes and the process of fermentation grew exponentially with his arrival to Canada in the early 2000s and his discovery of the emerging wine production region in Niagara. Through his studies at the University of Western Ontario Vadim obtained a crucial background in sciences that will later help him with a transition into the winemaking and viticulture industry of Southern Ontario. In 2012 Vadim, as a student from Niagara Colledge Wine and Viticulture program, joined Kacaba Vineyards and Winery to complete his practicum school component. Soon, he was offered a full-time cellar position and with time became an assistant winemaker of Kacaba Vineyards and Winery. Concurrently, he achieved WSET 3 Certificate in wines. In December of 2018, Vadim was promoted to a Winemaker and since have dedicated his passion for growing grapes and crafting wines of the highest quality to the Kacaba brand.